WELCOME TO THE 2023 ARLY CHALLENGE!
We are committed to helping kids discover their love of reading, and Arly's Reading Challenge does just that by encouraging children and families to read widely throughout the year and rewarding them for doing so. Research shows that reading every day is a good thing, whether your child is pre-literate, just learning to read, or is a strong, independent reader.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The reading challenge runs from January 1 to December 31.
- Read a book and submit a review to complete a category.
- Books may only count toward one category in the challenge.
- Reviews can be as simple or as detailed as you want. "I thought the main character was funny!" is a great review.
- All books can count, including ebooks, graphic novels, and audiobooks. Plus, books read for the reading challenge can count toward our other reading challenges during summer break to earn even more free books and prizes!
- For each book read and reviewed, you will get an entry for the grand prize drawing at the Reading Challenge Wrap-Up/Kickoff Celebration in January of 2024.
- For every five books read and reviewed in the challenge, you will receive a free book. Librarians must approve and record all reviews before prize books can be picked up. You will receive an email when your entries have been approved inviting you to select a free book.
- If you complete all 25 challenges, you will earn double entries (a total of 50) for the grand prize drawing. To complete the reading challenge, reviews must be submitted and approved for each category.
- Challenges may only be completed once.
- Each book can only be used for one challenge.
- eBooks, graphic novels, and audiobooks count.
- You can download and print a checklist (see "Get the Checklist" below) to keep track of your progress.
- You can submit reviews online through the Submit Your Reviews tab.
- You can submit your reviews on paper. Pick up a a review sheet from the Youth Services desk at the library, fill it out, and return it to a staff member at the Youth Services desk.